Iphone failure to charge on FC14

Tony Foster tfLinuxMail at surewest.net
Fri Oct 14 17:42:25 UTC 2011

Just recently when I connect my Iphone to my linux box to charge
I get a message on the Iphone
"Charging is not supported with this accessory"
I have connected both my Iphone and my wife's to various usb ports on
the off chance one of the port has a bad connector.
I have connected thumb drives and a USB portable hard drive to the unit
and both work fine. So probably not the basic hardware.
I have tried a cold boot on the Linux box.
I connect the Iphones to my microsloth laptop and they work fine.
I tried to reboot the Iphone and connecting it again and get the same
message.
This looks like a bug in the USB power negotiation process when
attaching an Iphone.

Anyone seen this before?

Currently running FC14 with all latest revisions.
kernal 2.6.35.14-96 fc14x86_64
Gnome 2.32.0
Pentium dual core 5300 2.6 Ghz
Intel mother board