Remote access

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Fri Oct 14 18:03:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 01:03:49AM +1030, Tim wrote:
> Quite how you come to that conclusion, I don't know.  If you're refused
> permission, then that's the *opposite* from being legitimate to try to
> do so.  Not only did you originally discover that it was blocked, you're
> being outright told that it's not allowed.
>
> In some places, flouting such rules is grounds for dismissal, perhaps on
> the first and only instance you get caught.

Indeed, in some places, it's grounds for criminal conviction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randal_Schwartz#Intel_case

(although the Wiki doesn't mention it, one of his felonies was making a
private back door into his place of work).

--
No matter how many dust sheets you use, you will get paint on the carpet.