doc question on private network IP allocation

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 15 01:06:38 UTC 2011

Tim, Joe, and Dave:

Thanks for the email replies. The take I come away with from your three
emails is 1) assume *.0 and *.255 are reserved, 2) there is no standard,
just personal conventions -- and that a group using a router should have
a convention, and 3) let DHCP handle it if possible. If I missed
something, please flag me about it.

Sounds good to me and will pass that advice along.

The important thing to me is that they are on WPA2 and have both a rich
key and admin password. All I have to do is convince them to do MAC
access filter list and I'll be happy.

Best,
Paul