Firefox does not work as expected

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun Oct 16 07:42:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2011, 09:57 +0800 schrieb Ed Greshko:
> Works fine on stock F15 with the FF from Fedora.

I downloaded F15 live cd and it worked on my machine as well!

> Do you have any add-ons installed?  Try starting from a command line
> with -safe-mode specified.
that didn't help with the pages. I checked Extras -> add-ons and it told
me that all extensions were disabled, indeed.

Then I moved .mozilla out of the way by renaming it and started from
scratch. And - surprise - it worked on my machine as well.

Now I'm wondering how to retrieve my configuration step by step to
identify the culprit ( esp. stored passwords, bookmarks and add-ons,
specifically developer bar). The import feature at Files -> Import
doesn't work for this purpose.

Thanks for all the support!

Peter