restricted shell

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 16 12:53:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 14:17 +0530, Benjamin wrote:
> I want to configure restricted shell for one of my server.
>
> I want to allow specific  commands only to my local admin , means he
> can use only commands which i allowed for him.no more commands or any
> other bash facility he can't use.

You can look into "chroot"ing, where the other person has a different
root directory, and all the sub-directories, and you copy the commands
that they're allowed to use into their directory tree.

Of course, to do this properly, you also need to make sure that they
can't use a compiler, else they can create their own commands.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.