What was gqview renamed to ?

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 04:19:06 UTC 2011

2011/10/17, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's also "yum search all ...", but in this case it wasn't needed.
>
> That searches for the phrase "all" in package names and descriptions,
> that doesn't make sense to me. Did you mean `yum list all <glob>`
> instead?

No.

[simon at x101 ~]$ man yum
       search This is used to find packages when you know something about  the
              package but aren't sure of it's name. By default search will try
              searching just package names and summaries, but if that  "fails"
              it will then try descriptions and url.

              Yum  search  orders  the results so that those packages matching
              more terms will appear first.

              You can force searching everything by specifying  "all"  as  the
              first argument.

Though the man page is a bit confusing, because it says

        * search string1 [string2] [...]

in the DESCRIPTION section.

Andras