Turning Off GNOME Warnings

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:22:27 UTC 2011

GNOME seems to think that my laptop has a dodgy hard disk. It's been
telling me that for over a year. I'm not sure that it's correct, but
I'm keeping a close eye on the situation anyway.

Under GNOME 2 I would get a notification of this problem each time I
restarted the computer. A pop-up would tell me there was a problem and
I'd close the pop-up and forget about it.

Under GNOME 3 this notification is rather more persistent. GNOME
insists on repeating the pop-up every twenty minutes or so. This isn't
realyl very helpful.

Is there any way to get GNOME to revert to the previous behaviour
where I'm only told about a problem once?

Cheers,

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/