Alternative to Apple's TimeCapsule for Linux?

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:04:26 UTC 2011

Hi There, today I was watching some videos and reading some information
about the Apple's Time Capsule, wich simply is an external HDD with some
ethernet and USB ports behind but the most important WiFi support....

In a few words it's a router with a 2TB HDD inside XD...
The prupouse of this thing is function as a mini-server
to backup you macs with a software called time machine,
share printers within the net and all that fun stuff...

Deja-Dup does what Time Machine Does, but I was wondering
what kind of device can replace the Apple's Time Capsule and
be fully compatible with Linux?

As far as I investigated, there are only 3 devices of this type:

- Apple Time Capsule - http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/

- ClickFree Wireless - http://www.clickfree.com/products_c3.php

- LaCie Wireless Space - http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10520

Does anyone of you have experience using one of these devices on Linux?

or if not,

Wich device is a good alternative if I want functionallity like this?

Thanks!

--
Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052