Problems with Fedora15 and sound INTEL 82801DB0ICH4

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 04:35:06 UTC 2011

Hello

I have just moved to Fedora 15 (used another distro before), but it appears
that the sound control is managed by the Phonon... I don't know much about
it except that tried it some time ago when compiled it as a module for KD4,
and it did not recognize all my sound devices and some multimedia formats...

If I open the KMix it does not show the devices, just a single (one) control
for each input and output, no pcm mic etc. but I guess it is due the Phonon
that does not support my chipset at all...

My doubt is, if I install another mixer control software, would it work by
accessing directly to the audio (kernel?) driver without causing conflict to
the Phonon?

And another multimedia related question, when trying AMAROK it told that
there was no MPEG-1 plugin detected, but looking at the repositories can't
find something like (using yum)... any idea of what may be wrong?

Thanks!

Miguel