Key bindings for screen

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 13:54:45 UTC 2011

Hi Andras,

Thank you for your response.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about screen's own bind command (see man screen)?
> I haven't used it, but that's what I would look at first.

I have tried that too. For lines like these,

 bind ^a^[[D prev
 bind ^a^[[C next

I get an error like this:

 bind character ^x, or (octal) \032 expected.

> The C-q problem might be related to flow control. Try to turn it off
> or use auto mode in screen (C-a C-f).

I started screen with the default escape key, then I did C-a C-f
followed by C-a : escape ^qq RET. I still got the same behaviour. :(

Howeever, I will try to see if I can find something along these lines.
Thanks for the hint.

--
Suvayu