Unable to ssh nodes with global IP

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:57:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 14:24, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> and if the ISP of the OP is blocking incoming port 22 he has
> no other solution - so what baout are we speaking here?

That was my intention of checking with nc, whether port 22 is indeed
being blocked if not whether it is being properly forwarded by the
router to the OP's new server.

In any case the OP is yet to respond. As long as his problem is solved
doesn't really matter.

> _______________________________
>

> [root at buildserver:~]$ cat /Volumes/dune/buildserver/server-list.txt
> #!/bin/bash
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS=()
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[1]="host1"
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[2]="host2"
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[3]="host3"
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[4]="host4"
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[5]="host5"
> RH_TARGET_SERVERS[6]="host6"
>
> [root at buildserver:~]$ cat /Volumes/dune/buildserver/distribute-file.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> source /Volumes/dune/buildserver/server-list.txt
> function rh_push_file
> {
>  echo $1
>  RSYNC_PARAMS='--ipv4 --compress --times --progress --force --links --perms --owner --group'
>  /bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync $RSYNC_PARAMS --rsync-path='nice -n 19 rsync' "$2" "root@$1:$2"
>  echo ""
> }
> if [ "$2" == "" ]
> then
>  echo "" > /dev/null
> else
>  echo "Bitte Parameter in Quotes setzen"
>  exit
> fi
> for item in ${RH_TARGET_SERVERS[*]}
> do
>  rh_push_file $item "$1"
> done
>
> [root at buildserver:~]$ cat /Volumes/dune/buildserver/distribute-command.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> source /Volumes/dune/buildserver/server-list.txt
> function rh_run_command
> {
>  echo $1
>  ssh root@$1 "$2"
>  echo ""
> }
> if [ "$2" == "" ]
> then
>  echo "" > /dev/null
> else
>  echo "Bitte Parameter in Quotes setzen"
>  exit
> fi
> echo ""
> for item in ${RH_TARGET_SERVERS[*]}
> do
>  rh_run_command $item "$1"
> done

Thanks for these scripts. Maybe these will come in handy someday.

--
Suvayu