Gdm removed when sugar WM removed

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:28:40 UTC 2011

Mark LaPierre ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 23/10/2011
15:24:
> On 10/23/2011 04:42 AM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> I installed Sugar as additional Windows Manager, but when I removed all
>> sugar group also gdm was removed, so I couldn't restart graphically.I
>> had to start in text mode, and re-install it.
>> I suppose that this is not correct, but what is wrong??
>>
> When you removed the entire group you also took GDM with it because it's
> part of the group.  All you need to do it reinstall GDM to get your
> graphical log in back.

that is what I did (a stated in my previous message)...but I suppose
that GDM is included in any group of WM's, i.e. a newbie might
disinstall GDM any WM group he would disinstall: quite insane, isn't it

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it