Gdm removed when sugar WM removed

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Sun Oct 23 15:27:09 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
23/10/2011 16:52:
> On 10/23/2011 07:50 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>> A simple solution would be not disinstall GDM by default in any WM group
>> disinstallation: I guess that many people want to try different WM's and
>> in case they decided to disinstall some WM, their GDM would be killed,
>> that is not fair. How about this simple decision, i.e. not to include
>> GDM in any disinstallation list??
>
> How many other packages would you add to such a list?  This is a clunky
> solution really.
>
> Rahul

I don't know what is the solution (I am a power user, non a developer)
but I still think that removing GDM by simply removing any WM group is
not the same that removing other packages, as when you logout and login
again your system is pretty unusable for a standard user.
Especially after Gnome3 introduction many want to try alternative WM and
GDM is blown away when they remove any WM

My two cents.

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it