Unable to ssh nodes with global IP

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 24 01:18:39 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 02:04 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 02:09 AM, Abu Attar Musharih wrote:
>> The customer service said that  ssh is not allowed. So, what to do
>> then? I badly need a server with global IP for experimenting grid
>> computing.
> Configure ssh to use a non-standard port such as 6002.

FWIW....  If an ISP has gone through the trouble of blocking ports of
well known services chances are they have also blocked incoming SYN
packets on higher ports as well.

Thus my suggestion to use a port of a well known service that is allowed.

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow