more attempts to resolve NSF issues

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Oct 24 03:03:23 UTC 2011

Mark Eackloff wrote:
> I am fishing a bit here, but I have no_root_squash as an option in my
> exports (server) file.  When the client tries to mount the directory
> automatically at boot time through the entry in /etc/fstab I believe the
> request is identified as coming from root.  See the "User ID Mapping"
> section in man (5) exports about this.

If you have ever made that userid stuff work properly you are a better (or more
patient) person than I. I think the root_id_squash prevents i/o requests from
root, not the mount itself. At least that's the behavior I notice, root can read
if public read is set, but can't write a 644 file.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>