Unable to ssh nodes with global IP

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 23 11:18:25 UTC 2011

Am 23.10.2011 13:09, schrieb suvayu ali:

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 13:04, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 23.10.2011 12:58, schrieb suvayu ali:
>
>> I am no expert, I just said what worked for me in the past. I ssh into
>> many systems everyday so changing to non-standard ports is
>> inconvenient
> where is there any single problem if you can read manuals?
> you have to specify the port only once per client and after
> that rsync, ssh, scp and sftp even in konqueror is using this
> port
> Please read carefully. I ssh to *multiple* machines. The list of
> clients is hundreds, also I don't have the complete list.

well i maintain 40 machines, all with non-standard-port and connecting
multiple hundret times to omst of them each day

/home/username/.ssh/id_rsa is needed on all clients or do you really
allow password-login on standard-port and type the password all day long?
so there is supported a file called "config" in the same folder

> I mostly have to login to a distributed computing resource where the
> physical node you is selected dynamically based on availability and
> load. So I don't have the complete list of IPs.

ip-addresses are not interesting here

failovers are working dns-based, so your hostname is the same
the ssh-client config is hostname-based