Apache2 problem - Ubuntu 11.10

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 23 12:34:39 UTC 2011

Am 23.10.2011 14:19, schrieb Craig White:
> considering that this is Fedora Users List, your question seems quite
> out of place.

that is true

> You might actually want to attach an strace to the PID of your running
> apache to see what is happening (ie, the error) but I would guess that
> you should probably remove/re-install apache2 on your Ubuntu server

it would be the frist time taht reinstall a package on a system with
a package-managment would change anything - this is not windows

reinstall does never touch configurations and most mistakes leading
to crahses are wrong configurations with third-party modules and these
are also not touched be reinstall the main-package