Reading an OpenServer hard drive with Fedora

Kernel Guardian kernelgardian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:54:41 UTC 2011

SCO OpenServer version?
If i remember well, i was read and successfully recovering data from
OpenServer 3 and 5.0.4 disks with SuSe 8 or 9 ( have on some CD's in
the basement).[my first Open Server 3 installation media was have 78
floppies.]
Reading disk content would depend on file system in use on those disks.
Any Linux with 2.4 kernel can read SCO disk, maybe on some must
recompile kernel to include support for different type of disk
partitioning schemes and file systems.
I forgot a lot of things, last time when administering SCO's is almost
12 years ago.

SCO Unixware is different story.

Anyhow, SCO use regular partitions, and slices are under them.