Who to ask about old Red Hat Linux ISOs I've uncovered

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:56:51 UTC 2011

On Friday 28 October 2011 09:25:10 Andre Robatino wrote:
> The site http://legacy.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/ has some old Red Hat
> Linux content. Unfortunately, it's very incomplete. I have archives of the
> install discs going back at least to RH 7.0. (I started on RH 6.0 so might
> have something older around.)

On a side note, I also have original CD's of the RH 6.2 installation (binary
and source), which was readable. The iso image I created from the CD has the
correct hash.

However, the damn thing fails to install in a virtual machine. I use
VirtualBox, but have tried EQMU and VMware as well, with the same results. The
anaconda installer bombs out with a traceback in the middle of the
installation, each time in a different place. Sometimes it almost gets to the
end, but it never installed completely.

I am puzlled by what might be wrong, since I used to install that distro
successfully  back in the day on physical hardware. I tried to do a minimal
install (hoping to avoid the traceback), tweaked the installation parameters
(partitions, choice of packages, etc.), all to no effect. I also tried tweaking
the vm specs to look more like typical hardware back then, without success.
Google didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best, :-)
Marko