problems while installing softwares

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 30 15:22:49 UTC 2011

On 10/30/2011 04:00 PM, rohit bishnoi wrote:
> i have fedora 16 beta 64-bit installed on system. when i try to install
> software i will get some error mesgs like below...
>
> *[root at bishnoi rohit]# ./AdbeRdr9.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin
> bash: ./AdbeRdr9.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> [root at bishnoi rohit]# sh VP_Suite_Linux.sh
> Unpacking JRE ...
> Preparing JRE ...
> VP_Suite_Linux.sh: bin/unpack200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory
> Error unpacking jar files. Abortin*g.
>
> plz tell me wtz tht prblm.
> thnks in advance..

First of all would you mind using normal spelling? A sentence like "plz
tell me wtz tht prblm" just does not make sense. This is not twitter.
And why would you want to make it harder for other people to understand
your problem?

You are trying to install a 32bit application on a 64bit OS which most
likely is lacking the 32bit packages which Adobe Reader needs. Why do
you want to use Adobe Reader instead of the pdf reader that comes with
Fedora in the first place?

If you *really* want to use the Adobe Reader then you will need to find
out which 32bit RPM packages it needs and install those. Or you could do
a fresh install of 32bit F16 and then install Adobe Reader.

Or you could have used Google to search for "adobe reader on x86_64
Fedora" and find within 5 seconds a link like below which has the better
method (using RPM packages instead of binaries):

http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/install-adobe-acrobat-pdf-reader-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/

Regards,
Patrick