F15: Worst. Update. Ever.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Sep 1 18:30:28 UTC 2011

On 09/01/2011 11:10 AM, linux guy wrote:
> But not a KDE session !   Apparently none of my KDE packages had been
> upgraded and my system now only had F15 gnome packages on it.

I'm sorry to read of your difficulties, but glad to see that you managed
to work through them.  Of all your woes, the one I quoted is the one
that just doesn't make any sense.  I believe that it happened to you,
but off-hand, I can't see why Gnome would be upgraded but not KDE, or
that your old version of KDE didn't work on your new system.  If you're
not already a member of fedoraforum.com, I'd suggest your joining it and
reporting this there, in the Installation forum.  It might help keep
somebody else from butting their head against the same issue.