Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:01:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM, William Henry <whenry at redhat.com> wrote:
> +1.  Gotten used to Gnome 3 and now love it.
>
> Still trying to figure some things out. (Why has my Xchat no pull down menus anymore? I can't modify anything.)

I was considering a not quite rant.... I'm OK with Gnome 3 after
adding a few extensions so I can actually use my Desktop and access my
folders from the panel.

I only have two things that REALLY bother me at this point:

1. Why are apps/icons being hidden in the menu? I didn't notice until
working on a package that had an icon. I used the most appropriate
groups from the free desktop spec in creating my desktop file and when
I tried to "run" the app I couldn't find the icon! Not even in
"Other". The only way I found it was to use the search!

I then looked at what all was in /usr/share/applications and found out
that LOTS of stuff was being hidden from me. I would like to know the
justification for that...

2. Who thought it was a good idea to make someone put their cursor to
the upper left corner in order to switch desktops that are all the way
on the right? How is that ergonomic? I actually don't mind doing that
for switching apps or bringing up the menu so much but to switch
desktops it's really irritating.

Richard