Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 2 04:32:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:11:57 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

>> Would someone please tell me..  Why is F-15 such a mess..?  The worst
>> thing is the jumbled up desktop..
>
> The great thing about Linux is that the desktop is not wired into the
> system. The great thing about Fedora is it supports and packages many
> desktops.
>
> So
>
> 	yum groupinstall Xfce
>
> exit to the graphical login, set the desktop type in the options to
> Xfce, log back in.

Certainly there are alternatives. Certainly we can find our way in
Gnome3  - eventually - for we are not retarded, and certainly we can
decide whether to use it or not.

But it's a sin to take something good - granted, possibly not perfect -
and turn it into something unusable for so many people. Why did the UI
have to change to something that looks and feels like a giant smart
phone? Integrated chat and messaging? Where did that come from? Thank God
you guys didn't integrate that into the kernel!

I can't find much information about the gnome3 developers, but they must
be generation Facebook - it's the "stay connected" philosophy that I see
in gnome3. There's more to computing than that.

I wish someone from the old guard found the time and energy to step up
and straighten things up. I know, I know, different times, different
priorities. The gnome2 UI was good, only the internals would have to be
changed as needed.