Vote to extend F14 security updates

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Sep 5 17:24:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 08:18 +0200, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> On 09/02/2011 04:25 AM, Peter G. wrote:
> > Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> >
> >> I run Fedora in school computer lab. I cannot upgrade to F15 because
> >> of gnome3.
> > Boo hoo.
> >

> He is not alone

I agree, there are a lot of us that would like to extend F14.  The
hardware requirements for F15 make a lot of equipment unusable; for sure
these machines may be obsolete anyway, but one of the nice things about
Fedora was that it would function on this equipment which meant a
desktop could be put together very cheaply and used effectively with
great software.

I understand that transitions related to enhancements should occur, and
in fact are required to occur.  What Fedora has done in this area is
great!!!! However, some of us would sill like F14 to last another couple
years :)

Greg Ennis