No wireless (waiting for authorization) after awake from suspend

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Tue Sep 6 03:08:19 UTC 2011

F15 on new HP dv7-6195 (i7/sandy bridge) cannot regain wireless
connection after awake from suspend. In KDE, I see notification "waiting
for authorization" and then a "key" icon appears over the wireless icon
in tray. In gnome, a dialog pops up with my wireless key (correctly
filled in) for me to confirm. After confirming, it keeps popping back up
every 30 seconds or so. Never asks for my password, just wireless key.
It is set to be stored in encrypted file.

Wired ethernet connection works fine before and after suspend and
wireless works fine only before suspend.

I have tried rmmod / modprobe to remove / add back the wireless driver.
Also, set selinux to permissive thinking it might be that type of problem.

Only reboot, so far, brings wireless back.

Any ideas?

-gene