Issues with Fedora 15 install

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:19:12 UTC 2011

Hello all

I installed Fedora 15 on a system with Intel Core i7-2600 processor, Intel
DH67BL motherboard and 1 TB Hitachi HDD. The system had a prior Windows 7
install. However, the Fedora 64 bit install detected it simply as "other"
and did not setup a Dual boot using a grub menu, as I found with
installations of Fedora 11 & WinXP. Now my WinXP booting is lost!

How do I enable dual boot? Request pointers to a step-by-step instructions.
Secondly, is this a bug? Has it been removed in later updates?

Second, I am using a TP link WiFi router with builtin four port 10/100
switch. This system is plugged directly into that. The onboard NIC is Intel
PRO gigabit port. In Windows 7 the Network connection is 100 Mbit one, but
in Fedora 15 the Network Connection is 10 Mbit....all hardware is same. What
to do?

I am looking to install & test a legacy xbase compiler call Harbour. Its
available on ATrpms repo as a binary, otherwise one has to compile it from
the source. Does integrating ATrpms repo with Fedora entail any functional
issues relating any sort of clash with Fedora repos at a later date? Should
I install harbour & maintain it everytime from source...which is a trouble,
though doable...or would adding ATrpms be ok? I have never used it, so
looking for feedback for its use by novice users.

Am presently updating the Fedora 15 install through a 256 kbps broadband, so
expect it will complete by late tonight. Please do give your comments on all
issues.

With best regards.
Sanjay.