script to create dvd sized folders for backup

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:58:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry Richard,  I tried your suggestions, but it still bombs out:
>
> [olivares at GHSE213-033561 ~]$ discspan.py --dir ~/Music --iso-dir ~/tmp/

[SNIP]

I mentioned it but I guess I wasn't explicit enough. If your running
"discspan.py" then your not running the version in the RPM package I
provided. I intentionally rename it to just "discspan" since it's
going in /usr/bin.

Either way I would expect it to run unless there's another dependency
I haven't caught. I think you're missing HAL, which is largely
obsolete but I'm not enough of a programmer to change discspan to use
something else. I checked what hal packages I have installed:

# yum list installed | grep hal
hal.x86_64                          0.5.14-6.fc15                      installed
hal-filesystem.x86_64               0.5.14-6.fc15                      installed
hal-info.noarch                     20090716-4.fc15                    installed
hal-libs.x86_64                     0.5.14-6.fc15                      installed
hal-storage-addon.x86_64            0.5.14-6.fc15                      installed

I don't think you'll need all of them, I would try just installing hal
and see if that takes care of the error. Let me know what fixes it so
I can add it to the RPM requirements.

Richard