NetworkManager applet: force connection list refresh

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:07:28 UTC 2011

SUCCESS!

# mv /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/network.js
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/network.disabled

Explanation: nm-applet is always loaded but Gnome-Shell provides it's own
[buggy] interface to it, hence the graphical interface of nm-applet is
disabled. By disabling Gnome-Shell's NetworkManager interface, [the old]
nm-applet is free to have its icon appearing.

:D