Epson Artisan 725: anyone using with fedora?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:38:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:16:52 -0500
Richard Shaw wrote:

> Dumping the HP Photosmart?

Not by my choice, I think the poor little cpu in it got fried.
It is doing a good imitation of a brick now :-). And HP no
longer supports DVD printing in any of their new printers.

I just got the Artisan 725 I picked up this morning configured
on the wireless network and was able to print a cups test
page after installing the epson-inkjet-printer-escpr package
and configuring the printer (s-c-p even managed to locate
it on the network, and accepting all the defaults defined
the printer OK).

The artisan can print DVDs directly from the control panel
from an image off a memory card, so I may not even try to
get the DVD printing software to work directly from linux.

Still haven't tried the scanner - I may need the
3rd party driver to get network scanning via sane to work.