Epson Artisan 725: anyone using with fedora?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:39:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got I/O errors when I tried sane the first time, so I followed
> the links in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1817008,
> only searched for rpm instead of deb, then I went on a search
> for the missing libltdl3, and found an opensuse rpm I could
> install to satisfy it and then tried scanning with gimp using
> the new "iscan" plugin all the stuff from avasys provided.

You may not need the Suse libtdl3 package. I found the source spec
file and took a look. It's just libtool which is already in fedora. I
think the package you need is:

libtool-ltdl

Of course it is the current stable version, 2.4. The Suse package is
called libltdl3, spec file it's using libtool version 1.5..26, which
is the latest suse reference I can find, and is does provide a
libltdl.so.3 soname.

libltdl.so under fedora provides a 7 soversion...

If the Fedora version doesn't work and the Suse version does then
perhaps the version in Fedora is too new?

If that's the case I doubt that the current maintainer for libtool
would want to provide a compat package but if it's needed I could come
up with one and host it on fedorapeople.org.

Richard