LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Sep 16 18:03:06 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 06:19 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> If you want to adapt the DE to your needs (as opposed to adapting
> yourself to a new DE), KDE seems to be the best possible choice.

The first time I used XFCE after installing it, my desktop looked almost
exactly the same way it had under Gnome 2.  My wallpaper was the same,
my panel was where I wanted it, with most of the icons I wanted right
where they'd always been (I'd love to get rid of the Trash icon and Show
Desktop icon, but aside from that, it's almost exactly the same.) and so
on.  Almost no learning curve.  That's why I recommend it.  Can KDE do
the same?