Setting Command line to 80 x 25 ascii mode

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 10:32:27 UTC 2011

Found a temporary reprieve. Unlike Windows, Linux does have fonts in konsle
windows. Was able to run the (harbour) recompiled xbase programs in the
konsole terminal with larger font size.

Need a way to make this konsole full-screen & limited to 80x25 size.
Strangely, I can do this on my OS X Lion macbook, just by dragging the
corners of terminal and choosing make full screen.

Wonder if there is a similar Linux workaround.

Also, is there a way to use fonts in the normal terminal that we find on
Ctrl-Alt-F key combination.

With best regards.
Sanjay.