LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:32:07 UTC 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:08:32 +0000 (UTC)
JB wrote:

> People who come up with such idea and design and write a DE like GNOME 3 for
> users across the entire market market spectrum deserve to be put in
> a straitjacket and kept on Prozac ad infinitum.

And the new Windows 8 hype is also talking about unification across the
entire spectrum of devices, and then there is ubuntu unity, which makes
gnome 3 look good :-).

Can all these different development organizations be wrong about
a unified interface? (personally, I'd say "yes" :-).