LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Sep 18 01:28:45 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 06:03 PM, Craig White wrote:
> Is this a habit of yours? (Telling people what they 'need' to do)

Are you, by any chance, a Gnome dev?  If not, is it your habit to get
offended in other people's name?  You certainly sound like you're
offended but give no reasons other than you don't like what I wrote
about how (and why) Gnome seems (to me, among others) to be heading in
exactly the wrong decision.  There was a time when I'd make a number of
uncomplimentary comments about what you wrote and why, but I outgrew
that habit several decades ago.  All I'll say is that I think you're
getting too worked up over how my comments were phrased and ignoring the
sense of them.  And, I'll point out, yet again, that I've already taken
your advice and dropped Gnome like a hot potato and migrated to a DE I
like better.  If you like Gnome 3, stick with it with my blessings; if
not, I'd suggest that you take your own advice.