Need KVM switch

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 19 03:23:05 UTC 2011

On 9/18/2011 7:20 AM, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 02:53:34AM -0700, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> How can one ssh from a cygwin shell to a Fedora box?
> It's a piece of cake--I do it all the time.

Dave:

Incredible ... it was totally a piece of cake. Once you told me where
there was a hosts file on XP, I was able to grab openssh from cygwin
and, after cursing that the person who built my XP box has the user as
"Paul" while all my Linux boxes I'd set it to be "paul", it worked like
a champ.

I can ssh into the Linux boxes and can push files from XP/Cygwin to
them. Still can't ssh from Linux to XP/Cygwin or push to XP/Cygwin as I
don't know how to tell my Linux boxes about the dynamic ip of the XP
box, but that would just be gravy as I can use mail to get files from
Linux to XP.

Really appreciate the info, life has gotten better!
Paul