Where is the computer network name set and stored ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 06:24:42 UTC 2011

When one installs F15 (KDE) via the Live ISO, the second part of the install
process asks the user to set the computer network name, ie
localhost at localdomain.

When one changes localhost to another name, it shows up in the DHCP clients
table of my Linksys E4200 router page.  I like that.

Where is this name stored ?  How does one change what its set to ?

$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Thanks