Samba problems. Samba master fight with Linksys E4200 wireless router with storage ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:11:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> For your problems...
>
> chkconfig smb on
> chkconfig nmb on
> service nmb restart
> service smb restart
>
> Do you mean

systemctl enable smb.service
systemctl enable nmb.service
systemctl start nmb.service
systemctl start smb.service

Because if you do, I've done that.

It seems obvious that nmb service is not running on this system which
> seems to be critical for your setup.

According to that status tab in SWAT, it is running.

It can take 15 minutes for browser elections to result in a final winner
> so be patient.

Please explain this.   And I'm testing with Dolphin and Konqueror.

> That should take care of the problem with the wireless router winning
> the netbios master browser elections
>
> As for smbclient //nas/test
>
> what are the permissions of /home/me/test ?

Owned by a regular user with the name "me" of group users.  Permission =
777.