Need to improve Fedora Hardware compatibilty & Gnome3

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 21 18:01:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 22:58:36 +0530,
  Navdeep Singh Sidhu <navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    - Hardware drivers like for  Canon printers needs to be update. Some
>    drivers are missing or not avail.
>    - Drivers for wifi card & Bluetooth devices are not available. (Like 9
>    out of 10 dell laptops doesn't detect wifi card on fedora. For eg..in my
>    case i have intel centrino 6230 wificard it doesn't works on fedora but in
>    Ubuntu it works. Same with HP & Toshiba but better than dell)
>    - Bugs in wifi drivers (Some time wifi card detects the network but don't
>    connect to it or some time get connect but automatically disconnects. there
>    is no problem with network settings i have checked on many computers. )

Note that Fedora is only going to include free drivers. Ubuntu can include
some proprietary drivers that are not available for use in Fedora.

Bugs in wifi drivers really need to be addressed upstream. Fedora uses
pretty recent kernels. (f14 is somewhat behind and f15 a little behind, but
going forward major kernel updates should be happening in releases.)
If Fedora 16 (beta due real soon now) doesn't work, then work needs to be
done in the kernel, rather than in Fedora.