Setting up graphical boot from scratch

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 22 12:27:29 UTC 2011

On 21 September 2011 15:49, Christopher Svanefalk
<christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just did a clean-slate install of F14 (less than 200 packages), and would
> like to play around with setting the system up manually. However, I am not
> entirely sure what scripts to modify in order to get the system
> to automatically start the X server and load a loginscreen. Could I just
> have some pointers? No extensive info is needed.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Chris

Do you have X-server installed? I.e. xorg-x11-server-Xorg package?
If you can start X in couple with some window manager (i.e. twm) by
running startx command or by means of xterm (xterm -e /usr/bin/twm)
then check what you have in /etc/inittab. Comments in the file are
comprehensive.
HTH
--
Hiisi.