GGoogle chat vs Skype

Michael Ekstrand michael at elehack.net
Fri Sep 23 14:58:11 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 09:43 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I have long been intrigued wit having Skype-like capabilities for my
> computer. I recently looked at Google Chat which seems to be similar and
> is really easy to install and use (at least on my F14 laptop).
>
> What am I missing by not using Skype?

* Having your computer and internet connection used as a P2P bridge for
other peoples' conversations while idle.

* Call quality - Skype's call quality is somewhat better than Google's
VoIP offerings in my experience.  But, if Google's quality meets your
requirements, then by all means use it :).

- Michael