LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 25 12:39:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 12:12 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I suspect that touch screens will become prominent for desktop use in
> the near future. They've always been available but very little
> software actually made sense of them, thus there's been nothing to
> drive sales (save for maybe the Wacom Cintiq).

They may be intuitive to use, and reasonable for basic things (screens
that are NOT full of things to press), but bad news for screens with
lots of clickable things on them, and bad news for anyone having to hold
their arm up to a screen to do anything more than press once every few
minutes.  You'd need to sink the monitor into the desk, before
touchscreens on a desktop become sensible.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.