Cannot boot properly: dbus problems?

Nick Urbanik nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 28 08:32:18 UTC 2011

Okay, now I see that cupsd and dbus processes are present,
but not accepting connections.  And further:
# systemctl kill cups.service
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to authenticate in time.
# systemctl
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to authenticate in time.

I have setenforce 0, and the behaviour appears unchanged.
rpm -V indicates no apparent problems with pam, systemd, cupd, or any
of the dbus packages.  Any suggestions most welcome.

Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org 808-71011 nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24  ID: BB9D2C24
I disclaim, therefore I am.