Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Sep 29 01:06:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 14:12 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 09/28/2011 01:37 PM, Craig White wrote:
>
> > Those who are unwilling or unprepared to use leading edge software,
> > still under development should probably be using something stable like
> > RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu LTS, Debian or something other
> > than Fedora.
> Pardon, I had not intended to furtherly extend this thread, but now you
> provoking it.
>
> "Prepared for new SW" doesn't mean to swallow all mash being presented
> and to uncritically welcome everything new as "brilliant novelty", but
> also to make up personal opinions on such SW and to influence the system
> as part of the evolutionary process which has made Linux up to date.
>
> That said, I do not swallow the Gnome folks' claim to have implemented a
> "revolutionary new approach". IMO, their works, when thinking about them
> benevolently, at best is an early stage of a case study, which still has
> to prove its viability.
----
indeed it's early in the process of GNOME 3

ever heard of release early and often?

ever read the Cathedral and the Bazaar?

Maybe GNOME 3 will be a dismal failure or maybe it will be the the cat's
meow but likely it will end up being something in between and certain
not to be loved by everyone.

Craig

believed to be clean.