I've got an interesting problem (at least to me).....

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Thu Sep 29 12:58:06 UTC 2011

I've got a Toshiba laptop that I have two drives in (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb).  I was having some issues with /dev/sda so I bought the
second drive, dd'd drive sda contents to drive sdb, and the removed sda and replaced it.  I used sdb for the boot drive until
receiving the replacement.  Upon arrival, I inserted the new drive as sda, dd'd the contents from sdb back to sda, and rebooted.  It
appears that I'm still rebooting from sdb at this point (which is ok with me).  What I don't understand and don't like to see is the
following:

/dev/sda11 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb5 on /boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sda12 on /work type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb7 on /usr type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb8 on /var type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sda6 on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb9 on /opt type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Why is Fedora (16 x64 beta in this case) cross mounting my partitions?  I was halfway considering setting up a mirror for these
drives but not I'm going to have to do some very particular dd'ing to get one drive to be the "latest" files.  Is this SOP or is
something odd going on here?

Thanks.

Kevin Martin