I've got an interesting problem (at least to me).....

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:27:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:57:17 -0500
Kevin Martin wrote:

> Ooooohhhhh, didn't occur to me that that information would be dd'd!  Crud!    Guess I'm off to do some partition copies!

No need for anything that drastic. You could just do something like
use e2label to give the partitions symbolic labels (different
on each disk) and change fstab to use LABEL= instead of UUID=.
I think there is even a tool that lets you change the UUID,
but I don't remember the name or how to use it :-).