How to get both T520 trackpoint and touchpad working in F15

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Fri Sep 30 12:52:48 UTC 2011

I am trying to get both trackpoint and touchpad of the Lenovo
T520 UltraNav working, preferably at the same time as under Windows 7.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:
- SynPS/2 Synaptics Touchpad
- TPPS/2 IBM Trackpoint

After install of F15 the trackpoint works but not the touchpad.
The scroll feature of the trackpoint (hold down middle button
and move the stick) does not work.

After installing 'gpointing-device-settings' the trackpoint
can be configured so that scrolling with 'middle button & stick
does work.

I can however find no way to get the touchpad working.
This would make scrolling much easier.
Can anybody tell me the magic incantation.

Alexander