How to change network address ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 1 10:15:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-31 at 14:55 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> This is a minimum quality IP Camera [Zonet zvc7611w] that I use to
> watch the front driveway. I pressed the reset button and then can find
> the cdrom with the support information and have found nothing on-line
> and got no response from Zonet. Not surprisingly it is a discontinued
> product. It would overheat and fail until I added vent holes and a
> tiny fan to both of them, I have two.

You should be able to access it, even from a different network, unless
*IT* is denying access to the other network address, that makes things
more difficult.  If it isn't, and you can change your netmask, at least,
it should be easily accessible.

If you can't change a netmask, and if you have a router on your network
(like an ADSL modem/router), it can be used as a gateway between your
networks.

I notice, later in the thread, a mention lack of the tools you want to
play with in the current incarnation of Fedora.  If you still have a
live CD of an older release?  You could boot up that, and use it to
reconfigure your camera.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686