Issue with reading CD's...

R. Welsh Robert_Welsh at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 17:09:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have encountered an issue in F16.

Just 3 weeks ago I was able to read audio CD's just fine on either an
internal SATA DVD drive that I have on my system or an external USB DVD
drive.

Just tried to play an audio CD on either drive today and am not getting
data transfer rates that make sense.  Example:  I copied a 5.2MB MP3
file from the CD to hard drive and this took 45 seconds, whether I am
reading the CD with either DVD drive to either the internal primary hard
drive inside my system or an external hard drive connected to the USB
port.  Once a file is transferred to hard drive, the file plays just
fine.

I have tried booting with kernel 3.2.10-3 and kernel 3.3.0-4 and the
same results either way.

I have booted this same set of hardware with Win7 and the DVD drives
work fine.

Can anyone give some guidance on what might be causing an issue?

Bob W.