Incorrect charge indications

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:16:36 UTC 2012

This first appeared in Kernel 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64 and persists through
3.3.0-8.fc16.x86_64.

I have a vanilla Intel i5 based laptop with one battery. Power data used
to come from /proc/acpi/battery but I don't have that file.

The KDE applet displays, on hover, that the adaptor is plugged in,
Battery 0 is 100% charged; Battery 1 is 33% charged and discharging.

While plugged in, this is trivial. However, unplugged and it changes
the overall charge percentages for power management.

I cannot file a bug report until I know if this is a KDE or kernel
issue. I cannot know that without identifying the /proc file that
displays battery status. I cannot find that file.