[OT] 2006 motherboard vs 2012 DVD burner

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Apr 3 05:16:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 04/03/2012 11:28 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> I have a 2006 motherboard, D865GBFL,
>> attached to an internal DVD burner that doesn't.
>> Are new internal DVD burners electrically
>> compatible with my motherboard?

Having just remembered where I put some documentation:
Toshiba SDR5112

> Open up your system, confirm that it is connected to the Parallel ATA IDE connectors

Yup.
Documentation is wonderful when one wants
to crack one's case as little as possible.

> (R) as shown in the spec
> (http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15207/eng/D865GBF_D865GLC_TechProdSpec.pdf).

Thanks much.

> Then go out and by an Internal DVD drive that supports the interface.  Probably still
> a few available.

For sure.  If I want, I can buy a DR5112.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily